Slender You Carrot Cake Muffins
Dietary Notes: Vegetarian, Gluten Free Option, Dairy Free refined sugar fre
Makes 9 muffins
2/3 cups oats (use gluten free if you want the recipe to be gluten free)
1/3 cup Slender You Slender Shake in Neutral
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
½ cup water
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with 9 muffin liners.
- Combine the oats, coconut flour, slender you protein shake, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the melted and cooled coconut oil. Add into that the water, eggs and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in grated carrots and chopped walnuts and stir to combine. Make sure not to overmix.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire wrack before decorating.
Decorate them for Easter
To decorate your muffins for Easter you will need:
Make a plain white glaze by combining icing sugar and water until you get your desired consistency. Add less water for a thicker, more spreadable glaze and more water for a drippy glaze.
Make colourful glaze by adding some food coloring to your white glaze. To make the glaze thicker, add more icing sugar. To thin it, add more water.
Dip the muffins into white glaze and then decorate them with Easter inspired carrots or easter eggs. You can also dip white glaze into shredded coconut and then add easter eggs and carrots made from fondant. Alternatively you can pipe colourful glaze to “draw” on carrots.