Ingredients for Lettuce Wraps
To make teriyaki chicken lettuce wraps you need simple ingredients you probably have on hand already. I swear I cook with same 30 ingredients over and over.
- Chicken breasts or thighs, or ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 head of lettuce
- Firm veggies like zucchini and bell pepper
- Onion, garlic, ginger and green onion
- Soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and cornstarch
Don’t feel intimidated if you are missing something. Just use what you have on hand and like.
How to Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Make sure all ingredients are ready before cooking. It is kind of like stir fry situation.
- Toast cashews first and set aside.
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Then add chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a bowl and to the skillet with chicken. Also add zucchini and bell pepper at same time. Cook for 1 minute.
- To assemble chicken lettuce wraps, use 2-3 stacked lettuce leaves and spoon desired amount of filling on top.
Tips for Best Lettuce Wraps
- Make sure chicken and veggies are diced and minced where required.
- If you don’t have cashews use almonds or skip. I did not like the taste of walnuts.
- Use well pre-heated skillet.