What is LISS?
LISS stands for Low Intensity Steady State Cardio.
LISS workouts are cardio workouts performed at a moderate intensity for a minimum of 45 minutes. LISS workouts are performed at 55 – 65 percent of your maximum heart rate.
What are the Benefits of LISS?
- LISS workouts are easier on your joints, making them ideal for recovery training or for people who suffer from joint pain.
- LISS workouts can help reduce your resting heart rate, which can be good if you also like incorporating more intense workouts into your routine.
- LISS workouts can help relieve stress. Choosing to go for a relaxed walk, outside after a hard day of work is a healthy way to unwind and give yourself some space before beginning your evening routine.
- LISS workouts increase aerobic capacity which allows you to work out for longer periods.
- LISS workouts allow you to get to the fat burning zone, in which you start burning fat as you’re using fat not muscle for energy.
- LISS workouts can easily be combined with social time or quality times with love ones. As LISS workouts are done at a relaxed pace, you can have a friend, partner or family member join you and use the time to step away from technology and catch up.
What are LISS workouts?
LISS workouts can be any type of cardio you can do at a nice and relaxed pace. This can be a slow jog or walk, a swim, a bike ride or even a hike. Just make sure that the duration is no less than 45 minutes to get the full benefits.