6 TIPS TO SPEED UP YOUR WEIGHT LOSS
January seemed to fly by and for most of us it was spent in NY resolution denial! If you’re not quite where you thought you would be with your weight loss goals, don’t panic. We have put together 6 tips to help you speed up you weight loss and start seeing results!
1) Consume a high protein breakfast Many people start the day with a meal heavy in simple carbohydrates and lacking in protein (Typical Store Cereals), with toast, cereals or fruit being popular choices. These foods might be tasty but they will most likely cause those mid morning hunger pangs resulting in that high calorie snack you were trying to cut out. Consuming a high protein breakfast will help to keep your hunger at bay and see you through until lunch. TIP: Replace breakfast with the Slender Shake Meal Replacer for a high protein meal on the go!
2) Limit energy dense foods Dried fruits and nuts are a healthy snack right? Not if you aren't mindful of how much you are eating. Both foods are high calorie, with dried fruit being high in sugar and nuts being high in fat. Over consume these and your weight loss efforts will be out of the window. Try swapping your unconscious munching for only a handful of nuts, think 10-15. This provides a controlled nutritious snack that will get you through to your next meal.
3) Take the stairs Do you take the lift or escalator as part of your daily routine? Swap it out and take the stairs. Walking upstairs is great for boosting your calorie burn as it can burn up to 450 calories more per hour than standing. Making this a part of your daily routine will increase your daily calorie burn and help speed up your weight loss. Be the person who walks up the escalator instead of the person who is standing watching their life go by
4) Increase your daily protein intake Consuming a high protein diet not only prevents overeating by decreasing your hunger levels, but it has been shown that the digestion of protein boosts your metabolic rate, with consumers of a high protein diet burning more calories several hours after eating. Moreover, a high protein intake aids in building muscle, which in turn increases your metabolic rate, so you will be burning more calories without even trying! An easy way to increase your protein intake is with a protein shake. Try taking the Slender Shake for breakfast as a snack and post workout.
5) Add spices When your losing weight your meals don't need to be boring. Adding plenty of spices to your meals can help your weight loss efforts. Cinnamon helps to control your blood sugar, cayenne pepper works to boost your metabolism and paprika helps to reduce your appetite whilst also boosting your metabolism. Try sprinkling some cinnamon on your morning porridge and firing up your chicken and sweet potato with some cayenne pepper and paprika
6) BIG BONUS TIP: Activity when you eat
Just before you sit down for your meal perform 40 squats. This could be whilst you wait for the kettle to boil or for the oil in the pan to heat up. This muscular contraction increases the number of GLUT-4 (glucose transporter type 4) on the surface of muscle cells. These transporters act as gateways for food energy into the muscles. This means activity performed a few minutes before eating, encourages food calories to be shuttled into your muscles instead of your fat tissue!