makes about 6 servings
- 2 Tbsps toasted sesame oil,
- 6. boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about a 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium broccoli head, broken into florets
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut in half on lengthways and sliced on diagonally
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat, and add in 1 tablespoon of your oil.
- Add in your chicken, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper, then cook stirring frequently, until chicken is nicely browned, but not entirely cooked through, maybe 3 minutes.
- Add remaining Tablespoon of oil, and stir in the sweet onions, bell peppers, carrots and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the broccoli, zucchini, cashews, and cook for additional 3 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Pour the coconut aminos over the top of everything and simmer until reduced a bit, about 3 minutes, stirring gently to get everything evenly coated.
- Top with chopped green onions, serve with brown rice or quinoa and ENJOY!