Strawberries are packed with many vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants. In fact, they are in the top 20 fruits for best antioxidant capacity and also a good source of manganese and potassium.
About eight strawberries provides more vitamin C than an orange!
Strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie food.
We LOVE to add these beautiful little red berries to everything throughout the Summer time!
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 slices of wholewheat bread, toasted
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 Tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted nuts
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, or parsley leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to your taste
- Melt your butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your beaten eggs and cook stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes, or until scrambled to your liking. Season with sea salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado with a fork, and stir it up with a 1 teaspoon squeeze of fresh lemon juice to prevent it from browning.
- In a small bowl combine your chopped strawberries and balsamic vinegar.
- Divide mashed avocado equally between the 4 slices of toast, then top it with scrambled eggs and strawberries as shown.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts and fresh chopped basil or parsley and enjoy immediately!