DELICIOUS Salad idea for your Clean Eating lifestyle!
This salad boasts such beautiful and vibrant colors plus it’s packed and loaded with so much nutrition. Slender Diet Approved!
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsps dried basil
- 2 tsps fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 6 cups Romaine leaves, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- Fresh lemon wedges, to serve
- Whisk all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a glass mixing bowl. Pour out/separate half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). Meanwhile, prep all the veggies for the salad and place them on a large platter or bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing and mix well. Serve with lemon wedges.