Enjoy this SIMPLE, yet GORGEOUS summer salad today!
Sweet + Tart.
Savory + Sweet.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- fresh corn, steamed
- 1 cup fresh blackberries and/or blueberries
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion
- 4 Tbsps crumbled feta cheese
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- Whisk all of your dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the chicken into another bowl and add sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Drizzle oil and using your clean hands generously rub the seasoning all over the chicken.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- While the chicken is marinating; tear your spinach into bite-size pieces if desired and slice your red onion thinly.
- Preheat your grill or a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron is great) over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place your marinated chicken onto the preheated grill and grill until each side is nicely charred, about 8-10 minutes in total, and internal temperature reads 165 degrees f.
- Set chicken aside on a board to rest, covered, then slice.
- In a large serving bowl, add spinach, grilled chicken, corn, berries, pecans, and onion.
- Drizzle the dressing over your salad, and toss.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and serve.