YES. It’s Bacon-Wrapped Corn.......
It might seem a little strange, but this combo is SO good. The bacon grease takes on the role of “buttering” your corn, and also helps it to roast up with lots of flavor!
- 5 Mielies, Peels removed
- 10 thin slices of Lean bacon
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200. and line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper.
- To prepare your corn, peel off the skins/leaves, then run your fingers over the cob to pick away any remaining silks.
- Next, wrap 2 slices of bacon around each ear of corn and place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip the corn over and bake for additional 15-20 minutes, or until corn is tender and bacon is crispy.
- Keep an eye on them during the last 10 minutes, as they can suddenly close-up quickly.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste if desired.